Monday, January 14, 2008

WWFND?

Work was much better tonight... a lot less busy. Although I did find out that one of my patients from last night died about 4 hours after I went home. That was really sad for me and some of the other nurses that had taken care of him. Sometimes it's really difficult not to feel guilty when things happen... even if they are outside of your control. I have to remind myself that I did the best that I could, even though I might feel like the worst nurse ever. As one of my friends put it tonight, WWFND? What Would Florence Nightengale Do? :-)

Enough depressing stuff. Despite what it might sound like, I have actually been feeling pretty good lately. I'm liking work (most days). Got some amazing friends. I live in a gorgeous city. Lost a couple more pounds, although the rate has slowed a bit... might need to work out more often to keep it up, but as long as the numbers keep heading down, I'm happy! Actually, I've been pretty happy in general lately. :-) Life just seems to be working out really well for me. I don't think I have ever been as happy as I've been in the last few weeks! This morning, I literally woke up with a smile on my face. Seriously.

Moving here has suited me pretty well. I have certainly grown up quite a bit, that's for sure. I've learned a lot about myself and the things that are important. Like the fact that life is too short not to live it to the fullest. Whether that means late night trips to Kerry Park on a whim, singing at the top of your lungs while alone in the car, forgiving someone who's hurt you (even if you have every right to be angry), or being yourself without worrying what others might think, it's important to live every single day. Not just get through it, but actually LIVE each day. At least that's what I've been trying to do. God has put me here at this time, in this place, for a reason.

Time to head to bed. It is 2 am, after all. :-) Smokey is fast asleep on my bed, looking very cute. And since the heat in my apartment goes off at 11 pm... it is freezing! Definitely my cue to get some sleep.

No comments: