Monday, January 7, 2008

Reading is Sexy

Jon Stewart on the Simpsons = hilarious. Just catching up on last night's epsiode as I write... my Tivo gets me. (To quote Andy quoting the ad!) :)

Headed out to work in a few minutes. The next couple of weeks have some odd scheduling because I'm doing telemetry classes 1 day a week. So it means that I'm working evenings for tonight and tomorrow, then have class on Wednesday at 7 am... after getting off work at 11:30 pm. Which stinks. But I am looking forward to spending 8 glorious hours learning about heart rhythms! Actually, I am mostly looking forward to sitting in the back of the auditorium with my friend Cher and goofing off. (Mom, Dad, if you're reading this... I will be in the front row, taking copious notes.)

Nothing too exciting to report since the last post. But it has been less than 12 hours... and I asleep for many of those hours, so I guess its ok. :) This morning it was good to relax and spend some much needed time in the Word and in prayer. Then I spent an hour on the couch with the latest Aaron Elkins novel, "Tiny Little Teeth"... I am determined to finish it before the library overdue fines kick in! I've been waiting for it on ILL (interlibrary loan, for those of you who don't know the cool lingo) since September, so it is great to be able to finally read it! So far it is ok, not one of my favorites, but I am only half way through. And there aren't even any bones yet, so it is sure to pick up! :)

There is a bumper sticker from the Seattle Public Library on my refrigerator that says, "Reading is Sexy". I certainly hope so!

1 comment:

Tim Meneely said...

Thanks for letting me know there's a new Aaron Elkins!

But no thanks for getting the name wrong - it's actually "Little Tiny Teeth." But it only took me a day or so to figure it out...