Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mixer

I stayed up way too late last night! Nothing exciting going on... just couldn't seem to fall asleep at first. Spent a lot of time in prayer. I know that God has brought me here to this place, at this time, for a reason. I just need to trust Him and His timing. One day at a time.

Dinner last night was awesome, if I may say so myself! Steak, rice, green peas. Yep, I even made vegetables! It was the best meal I have had in quite some time. :) Although it was not without a bit of excitement... I blew a fuse! Had to go outside to the laundry room and flip the circuit breakers. Crisis averted! But it did make me wonder... I have rarely cooked actual meals since I have moved in, and it seems like there have been a fair number of minor crises... disproportionate to the actual number of meals cooked. So far we have attempted to serve chili without a ladle or other serving implement, set off the smoke detectors a few times (but I blame Andy for at least 1 of them), and now have lost power in the middle of cooking dinner. Hm. My cooking skills seem to be regressing.

Guess what arrived today? My Christmas present from Grandpa Reid! He gave me a Target giftcard for Christmas, which I used to purchase something extraordinarily extravagant. A mixer! But not just any mixer. It's the Kitchenaid Artisan... yes, with 10 speeds, a 5 qt capacity, and 12 possible attachments! Yikes! Haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet, but I am excited. It will probably be initiated by making thousands of Groundhog cookies.

Does being this excited over a stand mixer make me a dork? Probably. But I don't care. It's awesome. :)

1 comment:

Tim Meneely said...

You think you blew fuses with ordinary meals - wait until you crank that hyperpower mixer up!
We have the same mixer, and it's a seriously nice mixer. It can throw stuff around the counter, but that's a small price to pay...