Tuesday, January 22, 2008

50th post

Can you believe it? 50 posts. I wonder if anyone reads them? :-) This one should be really profound. Should be. But none of my other posts have been, so why should this one be any different?

I feel as though I should start a tradition for each milestone post, though. So maybe I can reflect on what has happened in the interim. This one is easy. The blog was created to keep people updated on my move to Seattle. And since then, well... everything has changed! My life is totally different than it was last August. Well, not TOTALLY. Smokey still hogs the bed most nights. I'm still addicted to diet Coke. And I'm still a nurse. But other than that...

New apartment, new car, new job, new friends. New furniture. New... um... what else is new? Essentially everything! I am pretty much the same dorky Alison, however. I've maybe matured a little, gotten out of my comfort zone sometimes. Definitely had my faith strengthened, and tested, a bit.

I remember sitting in my room at my parent's house, creating the blog and writing the first post. It seems like such a long time ago!! Hopefully it won't be that long before the 100th post.

Time to get some dinner and watch Jon Stewart. The more things change, the more they stay the same. :-)

1 comment:

Tim Meneely said...

In your list of new stuff - you forgot the mixer!
I know of a couple of people who read your blog posts, a father and daughter, both presently but separately in Europe. They both admire your tremendously.