Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tired.

There so much to blog about, and so little time! I got home from work a little while ago... and have telemetry class (week 3 for those keeping count) at 7 am. Can't come home and go directly to sleep, so might be another day of getting like 4 hours of sleep then napping in class. :-)

Work tonight was pretty normal. Nothing too exciting. Got kinda yelled at by a nurse on another floor (for things that were 100% not my fault, nor under my control)... and my manager, Eric, was all over it, emailing her boss, etc. Wow. I can't believe I work in a place with that kind of support!

Had a crazy patient. What else is new?! Haha. Although this one was interesting because she was hot. Not as in good looking, but as in radioactive! One of the benefits to working at one of the top medical centers in the country (I'm still pretty excited about that!) is that sometimes we have patients there for all sorts of reasons. Our floor has a couple of lead-lined rooms that are used for patients getting radiation treatments, such as an I-131 swallow for thyroid cancer, like my patient tonight had. It is a big production, because once they are "hot" (that is, swallowed the radioactive seeds), we can't go near them. And the room is all specially prepped. Gotta wear my radiation badge! It is very stylish. :-) Anyway, the woman was nuts, and we were mildly concerned that she would get claustrophobic and try to leave the room while hot. Luckily she did not, but that prompted an extensive story-telling time among the staff about the craziest patients we've had. My manager has some amazing stories! Although I had some really good ones too. I think my colleagues were all a little shocked. :-) I do not miss my job at Methodist!! And I think my PTSD is slowly subsiding.

Today was one of those gorgeous sunny days in Seattle, where anything seems possible. I went for a run this morning, although it turned out to be a half walk/half run because it was so cold that my lungs were frostbitten. :-) I went 44 blocks... ran about 23 of them! But I don't know what that is in actual distance. I should google-map it. All I know is, I've never before run until I got nauseous. Yikes. Had to stop before I threw up! Never had that happen before. Weird. I think it was the cold. And my lack of being in shape. Haha. Didn't run anywhere exciting, just down 8th Ave and back. But it was neat to check out the neighborhood along the way. Only in this area would you see a house with a Viking ship carved into the wooden front door! Except maybe in Scandinavia... hm. Anyway. It was a good time. Not getting up early to run tomorrow. No way! Might go for a walk after tele class. Either that or meet Ingrid for coffee. We'll see. Hm. Mocha or exercise... hard to choose! (Or not.)

I feel like I have other things to write about, but I am exhausted. Time to head to bed. Class starts in, um... 6 hours. Lovely. But I found out tonight that I get extra pay for the short break! If only I had known that earlier and could have gotten that for the previous class. Oh well. Don't want to be greedy.

Goodnight.

No comments: