Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 13

I haven't written very much lately... and I keep thinking of good blog topics! Just haven't gotten around to actually sitting down and writing them. Don't worry-- you haven't missed anything Pulitzer-worthy. :-)

Only a couple more weeks of working evening shifts. I am really looking forward to switching to day shift so I can actually have a life! Although I suspect that I will be in for a rude awakening... what life? Haha. Work last night was pretty stressful. First time I ever had to throw away my clothes and steal hospital scrubs because I was covered in blood. Yikes. Nothing too gory, just a bladder irrigation gone awry. (Don't ask. Sigh.) I sent one patient to the ICU, where less than half an hour later he was on a ventilator... and one of my other ones suffered an injury... HIPAA prevents further details, but it was just not a good situation. And I felt horrible. Not my fault, but still. Ugh. Hate nights like that. Got home at about 1:15 am, stayed up for a bit just rehashing the whole shift in my head. Slept in this morning, and it felt wonderful. I had toyed with the idea of going to Mars Hill or something since I was gonna miss Hope tonight... but when I got home so late I knew it just wasn't going to happen.

Next weekend I'm headed to Lakeside to do some cabin leading for the TCL reunion weekend. I'm pretty nervous. Andy had some good advice... told me that I just had to "be a girl". Haha. I like that he said it like it was something that I had to make an effort to do! I've never really done anything like that before. It'll be good for me to get out of the house and put myself into an uncomfortable situation... I know like 2 people who will be there, so yeah... not my favorite thing. Also, Ingrid pointed out yesterday that I might have to face my other big fear-- public prayer. Yikes! I hate praying out loud in groups. But again, Andy had some good advice. As the older person, I can get away with delegating. Sounds like a plan. :-)

Still haven't taken down the Christmas tree. And it is January 13. Now I know why people have real trees-- the tree starts to disintegrate so you are forced to take it down!!

Went to Kerry Park again on Friday night. I seem to spend a lot of time there taking pictures! Here's one of my favorites from Friday:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.