Saturday, March 1, 2008

Stronger

I don't really have anything profound to say, but I was tired of the last post with that lovely picture being the top thing on the blog. Thought I'd better post something else to take its place!

I'm excited to be off work this weekend, although I am not looking forward to the next week and a half, where I am working 92 hours in 11 days. Or to put it another way, seven 12 hr shifts and an 8 hr shift in a week and a half. Yikes. I stacked the schedule so I can go to PA for a couple of days, but man, that is going to be rough. I might just be completely dead the whole visit!! Oh and did I mention that my flight leaves just 3 hours after the end of my last shift? It is going to be an adventure. I think I am going to feel like I live at UWMC. :-)

The beautiful weather of the last week and a half has finally changed to typical March in Seattle. Low to mid 40s, mostly cloudy, rainy at times. Sigh. I would say that I need a tropical vacation except that the weather pretty much fits my mood today. So I am actually a bit pleased with it. Twisted, I know, but I am not the first Seattle-ite to feel this way... can you say "grunge music movement"? Definitely that kind of day.

I absolutely do not feel like it, but I think I have to force myself to go running. There are so many things I have to take care of on these few days off, but I can't exercise only when I want to or feel inspired to. That's how things got the way they are... because I am not inspired to exercise that often! I am trying to muster up some enthusiasm, but it is just not there. As my dad would say, I'm in a funk. Of course, as his book editor pointed out, that means different things in different countries. Nevertheless, I am here in America... and in a bad mood.

Will running make me feel better? Can I let out my aggression by pounding the pavement while ruining my eardrums with Kanye at top volume? Who knows. Won't kill me, I suppose. Hm, now there's a title for this post.

No comments: