Thursday, March 20, 2008

Back in Seattle

It feels good to be home. :) My trip back to Seattle was LONG. I will spare you the details (mostly because I don't feel like re-living the experience), but my flight left the gate in Philadelphia 3 hrs late, then sat on the runway for a hour before taking off. Then when it did take off, the first hour or so of the 6 hr flight was probably the most turbulence I have experienced in a very long time. It was the first time I actually thought I might get sick! I was SO nauseous. It seemed like everyone was, though, so it wasn't just me. Dumb spring thunderstorms. :)

Eventually I made it back, and even though it seemed like forever until my luggage arrived on the carousel, I'm sure it wasn't that long. All I know is, it was after 2 am when I got back to my apartment! Smokey was very excited, although I think she was a little annoyed to be woken up from her beauty sleep. I called out sick from work since there was no way I would be coherent enough to work today after only like 3 hrs of sleep. Some people can pull it off, I'm sure, but man... not me!!

So I spent today catching up on everything: going to the grocery store, the bank, the library (finally paid that fine, oops!), doing a load of scrubs in the laundry, running the dishwasher, etc. Then I took a little break and went down to the Pike Place Market. Today is the first day of spring!! The market was in full bloom in celebration... daffodils EVERYWHERE! I bought myself some gorgeous flowers and headed home. It is pretty cool to be able to go down to the market and back within an hour, pay only $1 for parking, and come home with a very cheap but beautiful bouquet. Have I mentioned how much I love living here? :)




Thus, I am in a pretty good mood today, even though the spring showers have restarted and I have to work this weekend. I have been trying to keep upbeat and focus on the positive things. God has really blessed me in so many ways over the last 6 months. Yes, it was exactly 6 months ago that I arrived here in Washington. That Sunday afternoon having soup with the Steeles, I had no idea what sort of amazing experiences were ahead of me. All I have to say is that God is wonderful, and He has showed me what sort of things are possible, if only I trust Him to take care of it.

No comments: