Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday in Philly

This morning my mom and I took a mother-daughter trip to the hair salon, where I got my hair done for the first time in...um... way too long. Frannie did a great job, and I no longer have that two-toned look! Haha. Mom and I stopped at Starbucks on the way back, of course. :)

Then this afternoon I went with my parents to the National Constitution Center in Philly. It was built a couple of years ago, but I'd never been there before, and they were doing a special exhibit on baseball, so we decided to go check it out. It was ok, probably wouldn't feel the need to do it again. It did make you feel patriotic, though. One of the most interesting parts for me was the hall with all the bronze statues of the signers of the Constitution. Some of those guys were short! (Assuming the replicas were actual size, that is.) Check out the picture of me and my friend Ben:


Outside, it was a nice day on Independence Mall!



After the Constitution Center, we headed to get dinner. My dad's students had given him a gift certificate to a very nice Mexican restaurant near Rittenhouse Square, so we went over there and had a wonderful dinner. Fanciest Mexican food I have ever had... definitely not Taco Bell! I had a chipotle filet mignon with Oxaca cheese, over a corn tortilla. I am not even sure what Oxaca cheese is, or if I am even spelling that right. But it was amazing! I wish it would have been socially acceptable to photograph my dinner, because the presentation was amazing. :) I also wish I could have taken a picture of the waiter with a margarita on his head... yes, he had 2 hands and 3 drinks to carry, so he put one on his head. Pretty funny.

We had a nice walk back to the car. Definitely cool to have the sunlight for a bit longer! We were amused by all the people celebrating St. Patrick's Day. I was glad I wasn't going to be hanging out in the city later tonight, when I bet they are going to be more rowdy!

Here are a couple more pictures I took tonight:



Here's Mom and Dad, wondering why I am randomly taking their picture on a street corner. :)

City Hall from Love Park

Tonight we're just hanging out and watching TV. No big plans for tomorrow, just church in the morning then probably some sorting through closets later in the day.

I'll post the rest of my pictures on Picasa if anyone wants to see all of the ones I took today.

~Alison

No comments: