Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Car vs. Pole

Sigh. Anybody know a good autobody shop?
Had a little incident involving a concrete pole and the side of my car this afternoon. Yeah. I am not a happy camper. Pretty much mad at myself... I mean, not like I can blame anyone else! Hm. Maybe the guy that designed the parking garage, and the guy who parked so close to make the space smaller, and the dumb pedestrian that walked behind my car and distracted me... no, I can't blame any of them (although I would like to), because it was definitely my fault. Sigh.

Here is the damage, in all its glory:


At Bible study a couple of weeks ago, we were talking about thanking God and blessing Him in all situations, not just when things are good. Now, I know that scraping up the side of my car is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of life... I mean, honestly, the car itself still works fine; nobody was hurt; and it is just a material object (and perhaps one I have been too obsessed over). But it is definitely not the kind of experience to put one in a good mood.

I thought of that this afternoon, and as I drove home in frustration, the song, "Blessed Be Your Name" came on my iPod (that infamous shuffle function strikes again!).

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Something to think about.

3 comments:

Philip and Deb said...

:(
--Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh nooo's! I really like Fleury's at the top of Crown Hill. They fixed both our cars in their different little scrapes, and they were great to work with! Just go up Holman Rd and they'll be right there on the right across from Petco.

Tim Meneely said...

I haven't used them myself (yet!), but a couple of very picky guys I know have been happy with Dent Wizard (a national chain). Dent Wizard doesn't do anything major, but apparently their price for fixing minor stuff is good. Might be worth a call.