Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Frustration

Have you ever been really frustrated? I mean the kind of frustration where you look at the world around you and things are so messed up, but yet you can't do a single thing about it? Really, really frustrated? What do you do?

Sometimes trusting God's plan is hard. I want to trust Him! I want to just let go and trust that He has a plan, and that things are the way they are for a reason. Some days are easier than others. I'm having one of the latter today. Sigh.

How do we know what is God's plan, and what is that of man? Christians are good at saying things like "God-willing" and "trust His plan". But sometimes we try to force our own motives on top of that plan.

We've all seen people do something totally wrong with good intentions. Or even oblivious intentions-- thinking they are doing the right thing but not realizing that they are only making things worse. So how do you handle that? What can you do when you see a situation that breaks your heart, and yet your hands are tied? Its not like you can walk up to someone and say, "Hey. You're totally wrong, and your interference in this situation is not only un-helpful, but actually destructive." I'm not trying to be mean. It's just I am so frustrated to see things the way they are, and the way they continue to be, with no end in sight. I want to do the right thing. I really do. But what if we have different perceptions of the "right thing"?? The answer, I know, is to trust God, to read the Word, to pray for wisdom and guidance. And I'm trying to do all those things. Still, I get frustrated with the world, and certain people, sometimes.

Intellectually, I know that we are all human, and people make mistakes. People can be wrong, and they often are. And I know I can't change someone else. I know I can't force them to see my point of view. But man, sometimes those emotions get in the way, and I want to make them see what I see! I want to point out where they are wrong and I am right, or at least try to show them why I feel the way I do. Let me show you my point of view!! But then again sometimes you don't have a voice. You don't have the opportunity to weigh in and try to change the course of things. I guess it is at those moments that you have to just sit back and pray.

Pray for patience. Pray for guidance. Pray that God's purpose and plan will be revealed at the appropriate time. Pray for strength. Pray for maturity.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness post today... there's obviously a lot on my mind. :)

No comments: