Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Piper

So here's what I ended up doing with my day:

I went running this afternoon! (Clearly, I am very proud of myself.) Did the usual course from Ballard to Gasworks... definitely did not run the whole 4 miles. I ran about 1.5 miles, though, from behind Hale's Ales to past Adobe. Landmarks I noticed, for sure. Haha. Walked the rest of the way to Gasworks, then sat on a bench near the edge of Lake Union for a long time. The sun came out, and it was beautiful to just sit there in the sun and think. I doubt I got a tan, although that would be nice. :-) But I did get a chance to contemplate some things, which was wonderful. I ended up walking back... would have loved to run part of it, but my legs were pretty much the consistency of jello, so I thought maybe it would be better if I refrained from injuring myself!

The Seafair race is on July 26. I'm planning to be able to run the whole thing... 8K, which is about 5 miles. Right now that seems like such a far-off dream! I can do about 1.5-2 before I am completely dead. How on earth am I going to be able to do 5?!? And not a completely flat 5 miles, either. Sigh. Lots of work ahead.

Tonight I went to the Mars Hill campus in Wedgwood to hear John Piper speak. I ended up going by myself, which I was somewhat apprehensive about, but it turned out to be OK. I found the Dickersons and the Lytles pretty much right away, so I had someone to sit with. God does answer prayers, even those requests that might seem silly! John Piper gave a really interesting talk about false gospels. I wish I understood half of what he said! He is a great speaker, although tonight's talk was pretty academic. Armenians vs Calvinists vs Wesleyans, etc. A lot of stuff was completely over my head, but the things I did understand were interesting. :-) Stretched my brain, and made me wish for a moment that I'd gone to a Christian college and understood these things better!! Oh well, it was worth it anyway.

Another day off tomorrow! What will it bring? Hm. Trader Joes, perhaps? Definitely a possibility!!

Goodnight!

~Alison

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to a Christian college and probably still wouldn't have understood the talk! :) Glad you have another free day today!! Hopefully the rain will clear up!
-Ingrid

Philip and Deb said...

Maybe I can listen to the podcast--I'll check it out.
--Mom