Saturday, February 16, 2008

105 and Counting

It's been nice having the last few days off from work. I ended up not going anywhere crazy (Canada, Oregon, etc) but it was nice to just hang out and relax. I actually wasn't really feeling very well the other day, so I was glad I could just veg out on the couch without worrying about going to work.

Today I stopped by Ingrid and Chad's house to drop off Ingrid's birthday card/bottle of wine. We stopped giving each other gifts a couple of years ago, but I couldn't resist giving her a bottle of Barefoot merlot. :-) It was great to catch up with her since it'd been a while. I can't believe that she is 28!! (Incidentally, NOT 30, as a certain member of her family had said!) If she is 28, then I guess that makes me in my mid to late 20s, too. Haha! It's awesome that we have a friendship that has lasted 20 years. It's even better that God has worked it out that once again, we can live 20 minutes away from each other, despite everything that happened in the intervening years. What a blessing!

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to working the next 3 days. Ugh. Not that I hate my job, but some days are easier than others. And I never know what to expect on that first day. I better make sure the coffee pot is prepped before I head to bed tonight. :-)

I bought plane tickets tonight. I'm headed back to Philly on March 13 for a few days! It will definitely be a whirlwind trip, as I can't use any vacation time yet. Which means the week before, I am putting in a 56 hr work week! I am SO not looking forward to that. Hopefully, I will get a chance to relax a bit while I'm there.

I've had a lot to contemplate over the last few days. It's been an emotional couple of weeks, and this week I found myself regressing a bit and turning to food when I was upset or felt lonely. Total wakeup call last night about that. Today I realized that my weight loss has definitely hit a plateau lately. Haven't gained anything, thank goodness, but still, haven't really lost, either. Which is not a happy place for me to be! So I set some new goals for myself, and am trying to kick things back into gear this week. I still have about 35 lbs to lose before I reach my dream goal weight... and I've determined that if I can do what I did this fall, I could definitely lose that in a couple of months.

It is 105 days until June 1, 2008. That's my target date.

105 days isn't that long. I think I can do it. No, wait. I know I can do it. It will be really hard, but like most things that are difficult, it is absolutely necessary. And it gives me another reason to look forward to summer!


No comments: