Monday, February 4, 2008

Day Shift!!

Today was the first day of our work schedule, which meant I worked day shift! I will be doing days for a couple of months. It's pretty cool because it means I can actually have a social life (!) and I also can work 12 hr shifts instead of 8 hr shifts, thereby reducing the number of days I report to work. :-) I worked a 12 today... it was long. The coffee had definitely worn off by about 11 am!! Busy Monday at the hospital. But my patient load wasn't too bad, so I was glad. (Hey, that rhymes!) I came home and pretty much collapsed on the couch for an hour.

As I type, Smokey is asleep at my feet, like a dog. She is the silliest cat!

So what is new since I last posted? Hm. Ah yes, Groundhog Day! I can't believe I didn't post in my blog on Saturday. But I was busy cleaning my apartment to have people over on Saturday night for a celebration of Groundhog Day. It was a small group, but fun nevertheless. Lots of leftover cookies! I am thinking I should bring them in to work... or maybe put them in the freezer and eat them slowly over the next few months. Hm. There's an idea. :-) The new mixer was, in a word, powerful. Very cool! Definitely love it. Not loving Phil's prediction of 6 more weeks of winter, though. Brr. It is cold out tonight!

Sigh. There's so much going through my brain right now... just not anything I feel like writing about in detail tonight. I've realized that God is trying to tell me something, and I need to just stop and listen, no matter how painful or scary it might be. I believe that everything happens for a reason, even if it isn't obvious. We aren't meant to have all the answers.

Today I've been thinking a lot about how God could sacrifice his son for the likes of me. Seriously... wow. Talk about something completely undeserved. Yesterday at Hope, Mike asked us what the word "grace" meant. It's kind of funny to think about the fact that "Grace" is my middle name, and yet so often it's not something I think about. It's been on my mind lately, though. Paul points out in Romans 5: "But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." He goes on in chapter 6: "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace." Sigh. Sin shall not be my master. Praise the Lord that since "you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life"!!

Let's say the last part all together now... "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome indeed.