Saturday, February 23, 2008

36 down, 29 to go!

As I logged in to compose this, I discovered that this is my 69th post! Motoring right along. :-) So much to blog about, so little time. Actually, there isn't anything particularly exciting to write about... I spent much of today just hanging out or watching a movie. Very relaxing way to spend a day off!

I do have one piece of exciting news to report. I have officially lost enough weight to get into a new tens digit! I had been frustrated last week by my lack of progress (ok, my LAZINESS) and so it was gratifying to see a little bit of work pay off. The official tally is up to 36 lbs! Wow. :-)

Today I was updating the Excel spreadsheet upon which I record such data (such a dork!), and I decided that it wasn't enough to have my little graph and the total amount lost. Nope, I decided to add another little self-updating box... the number of pounds left to lose. I decided last week that my target date is June 1. Which when I do the math, means that I have pretty much exactly enough time to lose the amount I want to lose!

Again, I am hoping that if I put it out here, publicly posted on the web, that I will have some accountability. I know that it has helped so far... since I opened my mouth and started posting about my weight struggles a while ago, I have definitely thought about it when I've hit a rough patch. Blogging has helped keep me honest about it, so here I am, posting my latest goal!

Of course, I'm writing about accountability, and what did I do today to celebrate the new milestone weight loss? Um... pizza and a movie with a friend. :-) But in my defense, it was the first pizza in weeks, and I definitely savored it enough to last a couple more weeks! Worth it to me. And a treat every once in a while isn't too bad. Life is too short to not eat Pagliacci's Pizza. :-)

Anyway, here it is... there are 98 days left until June 1. Which gives me about 14 weeks to lose 29 lbs. Can it be done? I think so. With lots of hard work! I was looking at what I affectionately call my "fat pictures" on the fridge today, and I am starting to see a difference. And I know I couldn't have done it without the support my family and friends have given me. Thanks to everyone who has provided much needed encouragement over the last couple months!!

I could definitely use your continued prayers... I've been going through some tough stuff lately, and I have been trying to turn to God instead of food for comfort. Which might sound silly, but it has helped me in so many ways. I've realized that time in prayer and in the Word is a vastly more productive activity than eating when I am upset. Besides, this body is God's gift, which I have not treated with the respect that such a gift deserves.

OK, this post has rambled on long enough! Sorry. Just been thinking about all this a lot today. I haven't weighed this little since...um... 2001? Which is pretty awesome. :-) Now if only I can get my lazy bones to work out on my days off!

No comments: