Monday, December 10, 2007

The Birds

Move over, Tippi Hedren.

I was looking through some pictures on my computer today, and realized that I have a relatively large number of photos of me being attacked by various birds. I found this odd for a number of reasons... first, am I just the unlucky one the birds choose? Or do I bring it upon myself? Also, how is it that there are so many pictures of these attacks? I mean, this phenomenon is really well documented!! Weird.

Let me share some with you... they are definitely good for a laugh! :) And keep in mind, this is only a few of the pictures. Yes, more exist.

Downtown Seattle, October 2007. I think the pigeons really wanted that mocha.
Later that same day at Ivars. Now this one I know I brought upon myself by attempting to feed the seagulls. Still, that seagull looks a little psychotic!

Bodensee, December 2005. You can't really see me in this picture, so you'll have to take my word for it that the seagulls in Germany are just as psychotic!! Apparently it is an international phenomenon.

This is my favorite of all the pictures. Ivars, 2004. I actually got smacked in the face with a wing. And Mom was ready with the camera!! :)


I saw this sign the other day, and thought maybe I should heed its advice:


Words to live by.