Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hot!

It was a steamy weekend in Seattle... over 90 degrees both Saturday and Sunday!! Went to the beach on Satuday, which was so much fun, although I did get a little sunburned. Hopefully it will turn into a nice tan, however! Seems like summer has finally arrived here... I turned off my heat in my house only like a week or two ago, so it's about time things warmed up! Of course, the locals mark July 4 as the official start to summer in Seattle, so maybe we're actually EARLY! :) I took this picture yesterday... what a gorgeous day!

I am in the middle of a long weekend off from work. It is a much needed break, as work has the capacity to stress me out. This week I transitioned back to day shifts, which is great for my life outside of work, but it brings other types of stress, too. Someone pointed out to me recently that the majority of our time is spent in the workplace, and that if we are stressed out by our jobs, well, then... maybe something needs to change. Because it's not healthy to live like that! Anyway.

Just got back from church. Sigh. I am so conflicted about so many things. This isn't the right forum to discuss most of them, but honestly... I just don't feel like this church is the right place for me. There are some good people there, though, and I guess that's why I keep going, in spite of the myriad reasons to switch. I know I will end up someplace else, eventually, but for the time being, I am sticking it out there. Tonight I got a parking space right in front of the building, which was seriously an answer to prayer. Last week I was so upset and frankly, angry when I walked into the doors of the church that it just wasn't the right frame of mind for worship. I won't get on my soapbox here, but I simply couldn't prepare my heart for the Lord when I was thinking about the drug dealers in the parking lot and whether it was even safe for me to be coming alone. To church!! Sigh. I feel that soapbox creeping in, so I will stop.

Happier topics! I had a good time with Ingrid this afternoon. It was too hot to do much other than drink blueberry smoothies and sit and talk, but seriously... what else is better?! :) I made plans with Sarah tonight to go walk around Green Lake later this week, which is awesome, too.

Not much else going on. I'm still not finished with the wall quilt, as it is taking me forever to hand sew the binding on. Maybe it just SEEMS like forever because I am so close to being done! :)

Time to do some cleaning up around the house and maybe scrounge up some dinner. And contemplate what to do tomorrow since I am off work a few more days!!

No comments: