Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Elusive 50

I just got back a few minutes ago from running! I made it 1.6 miles without stopping (including that lovely hill on my street) or walking at all! That might not sound like a lot (unless you know me at all and then it will seem miraculous), but this is after yesterday, where I went 4 miles on the Burke-Gilman trail and ran about 3 of those miles! Two days in a row! Whoo-hoo!

One of my friends made me a "Training Packet" for the Seafair race in July. :) It has a calendar with the different training schedules for each week, plus stretching exercises and even a page of inspirational quotes! Pretty awesome. Of course, it is also totally ambitious... the schedule for the next month has about as many miles on it as I've done in the last 10 years! Haha. Maybe that is a slight exaggeration. But if I can complete this training as laid out.... man. I might actually be able to run the race after all!

I'm feeling particularly motivated to run. As I've mentioned before, the weight loss that was so spectacular a few months ago has slowed to a crawl lately. Today the scale held some good news... I have lost a total of 48.5 pounds!!! Which is great. However... I would really, really like to get past the 50 lb mark. Can you imagine? 50 pounds? That'd be so cool. It's being rather elusive, though.

Over the weekend, someone congratulated me on my success thus far and called me (are you ready for this?)... tiny. What?! Blew my mind. Still thinking about it. Wow.

You'll have to excuse my excitement and self-congratulatory tone. It is incredibly obnoxious, I know. :)

No comments: