Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You're gonna make it after all

So it's nearly 5 am, and I'm trying to keep busy to stay awake. My current Facebook status says, "Alison Meneely has really screwed up her circadian rhythms" and boy is that true!! Night shift will do that, I guess. I slept most of the day yesterday when I got home from work, then managed to stay up until about 2 am... then slept until about 7:15 am. Been awake since then, with the exception of dozing off in front of the TV this evening for like 20 minutes. Thank goodness for random text messages to wake me up! :) Drank a bunch of coffee around midnight, and it's kept me going thus far!!

Smokey is adorable... she has been following me around all night, and now is sleeping next to my chair by the computer like a dog! :) She spent much of the evening chasing this gigantic fly that has been wreaking havoc on my apartment all day, buzzing around very loudly. I don't know if she managed to get it finally... but I don't hear any buzzing anymore! I just hope it doesn't show up someplace unfortunate as a present!

I've been remarkably productive tonight. Finally folded all the clean laundry and put it away, cleaned up the whole downstairs and my bedroom too. The guest room still has piles of junk, but I am tired of cleaning up and feel pretty good about what I got done tonight, so that can wait for another day! :)

While doing stuff downstairs, I watched Oprah's "Mary Tyler Moore" reunion show. I was surprised that there were moments that brought tears to my eyes, even though it really was a show of my parents' generation. I remember watching it on Nick at Night... one of the few shows we were allowed to watch when we first got cable! I think the part that gets me now is what my mom's generation loved about the show... here's this young single career woman, rebounding from a romance and she's taking on the world. Now I'm not going to throw my hat up in the air or anything (not that I ever wear hats!) but just hearing that theme song kinda touches me. Maybe it's because I've moved out here on my own, living in my house and having a career... like some kind of adult or something. :) I was talking to a friend today about that idea of being an adult. It feels pretty weird to realize that I'm pretty much living a grown-up life (with a few notable exceptions). Anyway. I'm rambling. Must be all the coffee combined with lack of sleep!

What else is new? Hm. The weather has gone back to cold and rainy. According to the news it is in the mid-40s right now. Yuck. Good sleeping weather though. :)

I feel like I have more to blog about, but my brain is shutting down after being awake for over 21 hours! Time to go watch some TV and work on finishing up that wall quilt, I think. Almost done with the hand-quilting! Hoping to finally finish it next week, maybe. Then the real work begins on the big bed quilt!!

I haven't posted any pictures in a while, so here are a couple from last week when the weather was so beautiful that a trip to the beach at Carkeek was necessary!




No comments: