Thursday, May 8, 2008

First May Post!!!

I've been awful about blogging lately. Excuses, excuses... there's been a lot going on... I'll leave it at that. :)

Working night shift has had me all messed up. It's well after 1 am and here I am, blogging away and wide awake! The only thing good on TV right now is a rerun of CSI:Miami... which I've already seen several times. Oh well. Which brings me to my next subject...

My Tivo has died. For those who know me... this is a true tragedy! I joke around, but man.... it has been rough the last week without it. They are sending a replacement that is due to arrive on Friday! I am still contemplating buying the HD version now that I have my "pimp" TV (as my coworkers refer to it)... but I think I will save that for the next weight-loss reward!

Speaking of which... I have been doing horrible lately on my diet. Like I said, there's been a lot going on... but that's no excuse. I need to do better. Sigh. I have been eating like a pig lately. It frustrates me! Even at work it is hard. Everyone uses night shift as an excuse to eat bad... as much as I enjoy stealing ice cream from the "nourishment room" with my coworkers... not healthy for losing the weight I am so desperate to lose! Honestly, I've hit a wall. Not only is it taking more and more to lose weight, but on top of that, I've reverted to some emotional eating lately. Not good. Yuck. Gotta step it up. Yes, it's great that I've lost over 40 pounds. But there's more to go.

I have the next couple days off. I'm super excited!!! Probably will just catch up on stuff around the apartment tomorrow... laundry, etc. But maybe on Friday I will get out and DO something!! Go to the mountains, maybe. I dreamed of adventures when I moved here... and I seem to spend just as much time on the couch or just hanging out as I did in PA! I need to get out and experience life. What's the point of having days off work when you don't actually LIVE them?! I've gotta remember what it was like at my last job... I would have loved the ability to just pick up and go, to experience the Northwest. And here I am, living the life I've (sorta) dreamed of... but not fully, yet. So maybe on Friday I will do something crazy, like go to Mt. St. Helens or Mt. Rainier. Or maybe not. Gotta leave myself an out, in case I decide to stay home and chill instead. Haha. :)

It's been so long since I blogged. There's a lot that's happened. I'm really frustrated with some specific things in my life right now. I wish I could fix them. It's hard... I'm the kind of person that likes things a certain way. And when they aren't.... yikes. Not a happy camper. :) I want to just FIX some things that are going on. Won't go into detail here... public forum and all that. But those who know me well know what the issue is. :( It is tough, I won't lie. We'll get through it somehow, though.

There's so much I want to write about! Like how proud I am of my friend who just got a gigantic raise after working REALLY hard for it. Or how cute Smokey is right now. :) But I can't blog about these things or I will be up all night! OK, vowing right now to write more often. :)

Happy Nurses' Week! Check out these flowers that I got as a gift for Nurses' Week:



(I have no idea why this picture is sideways! I can't seem to fix it. :( Oh well. Beautiful anyway!!)

I am so lucky.

And here's my cute little bear right now. Honestly. Right this moment, as I post this. Haha. So adorable:


Alright. Gotta get to bed. :)

~Alison

No comments: