Friday, September 5, 2008

Frozen Peas and HD

Thank goodness for frozen peas. I'm currently holding a bag to my face in an effort to prevent/reduce swelling, because I am a total klutz! Here's what happened. I have sequestered the Roomba (my new best friend) in the upstairs bathroom so it can be on kitty litter patrol. I decide to check on its progress, and go to open the bathroom door, which gets caught on the throw rug. I bend down to tug the rug out of the way... at the same time still attempting to push open on the door. Which swings open at the same time I bend down. Thus smacking the doorknob into my right cheekbone. OUCH!!! I actually started laughing because it must have looked ridiculous, but wow. It hurt. So now I have a big red mark on my cheek, just below my eye and it is starting to swell up! Which brings us to the frozen peas. I think you are supposed to put steak on a black eye but I am too poor for such things... if I HAD a steak, I would eat it, not use it for first aid!! The peas have gone uneaten in my freezer for months, so time to put them to good use. :) Hopefully they will help!

I went to the Comcast Service Center off Aurora today (sketchy!) and successfully got my multi-stream cable card! For free! :) It took longer on the phone to activate it than it did to install it, but nevertheless, I am officially in the world of HD. I still need to procure an HDMI cable so the quality is as good as I can get it, but even now... holy moly. I think that my previous cable box was not HD (even though they claimed it was) because now I get all the HD channels that I was supposedly getting all this time (and wasn't). Here's how good the quality is... I literally found myself sitting on the floor in front of the TV, watching some program on ESPN2HD about the 2007 Green Bay Packers. For an extended period of time, before I realized that I didn't care about the content of the program!! WOW. I am stunned. The quality is insane. And now with the HD Tivo working... man. I might never leave my couch again. :)

Now to less exciting things like cleaning and organizing. Trying to be productive today before I go over to hang out with Ingrid tonight!

1 comment:

Phil Meneely said...

You are the first person I know to be attacked by a robot.