Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Beautiful Day

It is a beautiful day in Seattle! And I feel like I had a very "Seattle day". This morning, after sleeping in and enjoying my coffee and watching "The View", I went for a walk around Green Lake. By myself. And it was wonderful! It's been a while since I exercised (sadly), so instead of pushing it and trying to run, I just powerwalked and listened to TWIT. Today was one of those cloudless days, where the sun is shining and people remember why they live in Seattle! Green Lake wasn't too crowded, surprisingly. (Actually, maybe not... school has started and it is a Wednesday!!) And it was a great power walk.

Then, after a shower and a snack, I walked up to Starbucks. Spent a bit of the afternoon there, enjoying my venti nonfat no-whip mocha and reading my book on Christian womanhood and my Bible. It was wonderful! And exactly what I needed.

Eventually, I decided I couldn't stay there all afternoon, so I headed over to QFC and picked up some groceries, put them in my reusable-foldable grocery bag, and walked home. (See what I mean about a Seattle kind of day? :) And what did I buy? Yogurt, garbanzo beans, and carrots!)

September is a good month in Seattle... here's a picture I took nearly a year ago (September 11, 2007), but it could easily have been taken today!

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Moving here has been good for me. The last year has been really tough at times, but the Lord has been faithful, and I wouldn't change my experiences if I could! I know that today's post might sound super cheerful (especially compared to recent ones), and to be honest, I don't feel like blogging in detail about the big things that have happened in my life this week.

What I will say is that this week I experienced God directly answering my prayers. Seriously... I have rarely had the kind of immediate answer that I experienced on Sunday night, when I sat in church and began to cry as I was praying so intensely and just opened up my heart to God... and then a few hours later felt like God handed me a response to those prayers (and many months of prayers). What an encouragement it was to realize that He does indeed hear our prayers!!

Things are changing, and there is a lot of uncertainty ahead as we look for a new church. But our God is an awesome God, and He will provide guidance, if only we trust Him with our lives.

Sunset on the beach at Carkeek Park last Saturday

2 comments:

Philip and Deb said...

We're with you, kiddo
Love, Mom and Dad

Phil Meneely said...

Alison,

Could you e-mail that Seattle skyline picture so I can use it for a background. Feel free to put a copyright notice on it.