Thursday, May 7, 2009

Flaming Soy Corndogs

I haven't done a random bullet post lately, so I think it is time for another one! Some thoughts:

* I am completely addicted to playing Mafia Wars on Facebook! And now it seems as though I have gotten Andy and Kelly hooked on it, too. :) Hehehe.

* I just realized that I am off work until next Thursday night. I mean, I knew intellectually that I was on vacation, but I actually just put away my work shoes/bag in the closet. And washed scrubs... and put them away in the dresser!! Lately I've been leaving them folded in the laundry basket since I am just going to wear them the next day. Lazy, I know.

* Tonight Rob and I are going to go see "Wolverine"!! I am very excited. :) I loved the first three movies!

* I've been listening to my iPod today and dancing around the house as I clean. Just put it on shuffle and the last song it chose was from the Spamalot soundtrack... "Lancelot"! Makes me laugh. :) "His name is Lancelot, he wears tight pants a lot..." Slightly inappropriate but I am still giggling!

* I learned a valuable two-fold lesson today. First, Trader Joe's frozen soy corndogs do, indeed, get freezerburned and go bad after a couple of months. Second, if one decides to try to eat them anyway and pops them into the microwave... they are flammable. I wonder if I am the first person to ever set a soy corndog on fire using a microwave? Luckily I was standing right there watching it (let's face it, I was really hungry!) and managed to stop it before it damaged the microwave. I am rather ashamed to admit it, but I actually tried to eat the non-burned part. It was really gross. And this is coming from a person that normally likes soy corndogs.

* To go back to thoughts about music, I am currently listening to Steven Curtis Chapman's album, All About Love. For some reason, I really enjoy his version of "500 Miles". Of course, I can't help remembering that Molson commercial where the guy walks to Canada for beer, then drops it by accident at the border crossing. Hahaha! Makes me laugh just thinking about it. Anyway, good album. :)

* My house is filled with cobwebs. They seem to be multiplying like crazy lately! What's up with that? I tried using the swiffer to bat them down but then they are all dangling everywhere instead of just being in the corner. Sigh. Maybe I need to buy a broom.

* I need to pack for the trip to California! But I can't decide what to bring/wear so for the moment I am procrastinating on that front. I suppose I should look up the weather forecast, first, huh! I hope it will be sunny and warm!

* The Seafair Torchlight 5K is July 25. Which means that I need to start running again! Otherwise my goal of beating last year's time is NEVER gonna happen!

* I have decided to postpone buying my new computer for a few weeks for a couple of reasons. First, I am hoping the Apple runs a promotion (like in previous years starting in June) that gives not only the existing education discount (which I am eligible for) but also some other gift. Last year it was an iPod! Also, I am trying to decide whether I should wait for Snow Leopard to be officially released. Rob has played with the beta and wasn't super impressed so maybe I don't need to wait for that reason! But I decided to try to save up a little bit more money so I can get the faster model... because I intend to keep it for a while!

Can you tell that I am feeling rather lazy and not wanting to continue cleaning my house? :) I guess that's enough randomness for now, though.

No comments: