Thursday, May 14, 2009

The End of Vacation

I just finished uploading 80 or so of my 300+ pictures from the trip to CA onto Facebook! Almost all of them have been put on Picasa (link on the sidebar) but I haven't had a chance to caption or edit them... there are a bunch that are similar or didn't turn out well! Eventually I will get around to that, I suppose. :)

The trip to California (and technically Nevada, too) was so much fun! Rob and I flew down on Saturday morning, was met by his family at the airport, and then spent the day in San Francisco. On Sunday, we drove to Lake Tahoe, stopping at a petrified forest, a geyser, 2 Napa wineries, and the Jelly Belly factory along the way! Monday was spent in Lake Tahoe, exploring the area and just relaxing in the sun in the afternoon, followed by a BBQ for dinner. Tuesday we drove to Tracy, where Rob's parents live, and I got to see their house and the town a little bit before heading back to the airport. It was a whirlwind trip, but definitely worth it! I really enjoyed meeting more members of his family and getting to know them all much better... now we really need to go to Iowa so I can meet Rob's sisters!

It's back to work tonight for me (hence the 3 am post... trying to stay up as late as I can). Not really looking forward to it! Although I suppose that nobody actually likes going back to work after a vacation. :) But these night shifts have been brutal for me. Sleeping (or lack thereof) has been a problem, as well as just work being tough. Only 6 more weeks of night shift left!

Here is one of my favorite photos from the trip... I was going to put more in the blog, but I have reached my Picasa quota! Oops. :)


No comments: