Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shift Transition

I think I'm getting too old for this whole night shift thing. Yawn. I have been up all night (minus a few minutes here and there where I have drifted off accidentally) in preparation for the transition to night shift later today. It's been a few months since I did this... and man, it is tough!!

I thought I was all prepared... drank my coffee, had all the lights on, etc. But as soon as I even remotely sit on the couch, there I am, drifting off again! At this point, I am hoping to make it until 6 am before heading to bed. Then it's off to work a 12 hr shift tonight... 7 pm to 7:30 am.

Smokey is no help. She was actually snoring on the couch next to me a few minutes ago! I thought cats were supposed to be nocturnal!! And who knew they could snore? :)

Rob was kind enough to come over earlier in the evening for a little while... I get all stressed out over working nights, and so he came over to watch some TV and eat popcorn and generally keep me company. (Yes, that is what I served for dinner... popcorn!) It was especially nice of him as he is on call this week, so he is kinda stressed, too.

Well, I'm going to go see if I can clear one more show off my Tivo before bedtime. That is, if I can do it without falling asleep halfway through!! :)

[By the way, I've been meaning to write about the flu thing and stuff, but that requires brainpower that I don't have right now. However, I did catch the news tonight, and it seems that there are 3 cases now in Seattle. Not just in Washington, or in King County. But in Seattle proper. Did I mention that I am super excited to go to work?! Sigh.]

No comments: