Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Randomness

Here's the thing about blogging. Whenever there are exciting or interesting things to write about... one is too busy to do so! And therefore, when there isn't really anything in particular going on... I have time to write what often amounts to boring posts. :)

The other problem (sort of) about blogging is that you NEVER know who might be reading it. Sure, there are some people that you figure are probably reading the post, but my experience with Google Analytics (a wonderful invention) has shown that the audience for a blog is pretty widespread and/or random. Which means that I am sometimes hesitant to blog about the stuff that I really want to write about... because it is immediately very publicly available! Take, for example, the fact that some of my seemingly innocous posts have been linked to on a blog about Costco... which means that hundreds of random people have read about my shopping trips. Surreal and kind of exciting, for sure. But kinda scary too!

Anyway. That's part of the reason that I have been a slacker when it comes to blogging... I feel like I have to be very careful about what I say, because it is so public. And my personality is such that I tend to be what Rob affectionately calls "a stress ball". Haha!

Hm. What to write about? I spent my day off today doing laundry, a task that would be much simpler if there was a working dryer in my complex. Argh. I dream of a day where I will no longer need quarters for laundry... and a dryer that works. One day. :) I also went to Costco for some much needed groceries! I swear that I am not attempting to write about Costco for that infamous "Costco Bump" (not to be confused with the "Colbert Bump"!). It just so happens that I go to The Warehouse a lot. And I really like it! And, well, since Rob works there, it has managed to become an integral part of my life. :) I was happy to get some food in my cupboards... particularly the ground turkey (which is not technically in the cupboard, mind you) and my new obsession, Fiber One bars. Can you tell I am on a high fiber, high protein, low calorie diet?! Also got a 5 lb bag of carrots. Oddly enough, the bag of carrots lasts only about 2 weeks or less! I eat a lot of baby carrots. Especially at work. :)

I was amused by something that happened in the Costco parking lot today... I was nearly run over by a car whose driver was paying more attention to eating their chicken bake instead of pedestrians. I don't know why it struck me as being so funny, but it did! Driving under the influence of a Costco Chicken Bake. Maybe they should put a warning on it.

This post is getting ridiculously long, and is about nothing at all. :) The beauty of blogging, I suppose. I will close with a picture from a couple of weeks ago that I love... me and Rob with the Fremont Troll.

No comments: