Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I know, I know

It has been forever since I posted. Like 2+ months. Sigh. How did I get so far behind?!

I get myself into these situations where I want to do everything absolutely perfectly... and sometimes when I know that it is impossible to do so, well, then... I don't do it at all! And I think that's what happened with the blog. :) December was crazy busy and time got away from me!! And then I felt as though I couldn't post just any old random thing since it had been so long.

But posting something is better than nothing in a couple of months, I suppose, so here I am. Not sure where to begin. The perfectionist in me wants to start where I left off in December, and properly document everything since then. However, the perfectionist is rather tired and so we will just jump to the current moment. At least for now. :)

I'm back on day shifts at work (yay!) so that means that I have nice normal sleep patterns again. Was off from work today and did nothing of excitement. Mostly hung around the house doing random things. I am (still) working on handquiliting a quilt for my bed... It is taking forever and I feel like it will never be done! But it is coming along, at least.

My other current project is of the "get in shape" variety. I've come to the sad conclusion that my body really, really likes the weight I'm at now, give or take 5 pounds. Unfortunately, my "set point" (to steal an old biology class term) does not seem to coincide well with my goals for myself. Argh! After 2 very obnoxious weeks on a new diet plan, I realized that weight loss might not be the best goal. Sure, I can eat carrots for the rest of my life and be miserable, but what is the point of THAT?! So my latest thing is just trying to get in shape. This past summer, when I ran that 5K, I felt... strong. And I liked that feeling. That's my new goal... to feel strong and in shape. Regardless of what the scale says or what size clothes I wear. Of course, if the scale were to show a number 20 or 30 pounds lighter than it currently does, I wouldn't complain!! :)

To that end, I've started running again... sometimes. After a rather frightening experience where I had what I suspect (in my professional opinion of course) was the first ever asthma attack of my life, I've been doing less running outside (or at least not when there are severe air pollution warnings). Instead I've been doing some workout DVDs in my living room. Go ahead, call me a dork. :) But I have been SORE the last few days, so that can only mean that it's working, right?!

Not too much else to report for today. I'm getting tired, even though it's not even 10 pm. I'm turning into a little old lady! First quilting with my cat and drinking tea... now thinking about bed before 10. Yikes. :)

2 comments:

Philip and Deb said...

Glad to see you're "back in the saddle again"!
--Mom

Anonymous said...

Yay! It's back! As I'm sure you know, I check this everyday, because I have no life.
Ingrid