Friday, July 25, 2008

Search Me

So I'm busy doing stuff on my computer this morning, and am listening to my one of my favorite podcasts, This Week in Tech (TWIT)... currently listening to #152. Anyway, Leo just mentioned the website SearchMe.com, which I've heard mentioned before but never tried out. I have to admit, it was pretty disappointing using my name. However, I tried with my Dad, and came up with some cool websites!! It's a bizarre mix of legit sites (Haverford, genetics conferences, baseball websites, etc) and things about Meneely bells... and some not-so-Meneely bells. The Wikipedia site for the Liberty Bell popped up! Hahaha. :) Here are a couple of links:


and this is the BEST one that I found... previously undiscovered via Google, I think! If you only click one link, let this be it!!
I will write more later, but wanted to share these pictures I took this morning:

I got this card in the mail yesterday from my aunt and cousin in MN... wishing me luck in my first 5K!! How awesome is that! :)

I discovered the other day that there were not only climbing roses on the side of my house (where I NEVER walk past... no reason to!) but that they were gorgeous and in bloom!! I cut a few for my table... they smell amazing. :)

My fuschia is starting its second round of blooming! It will probably burst out in color when I am away, but even now it is beautiful!

I planted these seeds this spring, and now they are blooming! (Of course, I forget what kind of flowers they are!! Hahaha!)
My tomato plant has had these green tomatoes for like a month. It has been the worst summer in Seattle for tomatoes! Even more so than usual, my coworkers have told me. I am hoping that I might have a red tomato or two by my birthday!

1 comment:

Philip and Deb said...

The flowers are nasturtiums... good choice. They are great to grow from seed. Good luck in tomorrow's SeaFair race!
--Mom and Dad