Sunday, July 27, 2008

29:06

I did it!! I ran the entire 5K... and in 29 minutes, 6 seconds! #25 in my age group (insane!) and # 339 out of 811 runners. I am ecstatic beyond words! I would write lots more about this amazing experience, but I gotta get packing for my trip. All I have to say is that it was awesome. And I had the best running companion, a friend who encouraged me every time someone passed us, and reminded me the whole time that I was finally accomplishing something that I had wanted so badly. There is no one else I would have rather run the race with! :)

A couple quick pics:

Pre-race Starbucks... hey, it's Seattle! :)


(This is actually the finish line for the 8K, because they took down the sign too quick from the 5K! And it makes a much better picture. :) )

No comments: