Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Random Updates

It's been like 5 days since I posted anything, so I better write something... even if it is just a quick one! I am off work today and just came inside after spending the afternoon on a blanket in my backyard, listening to podcasts and just relaxing in the sun. Lazy, I know. :) But I will vow to be more productive tomorrow!! In the interest of time, however, I will do the ever-popular bullet list blog post of what's new in my life. :)

* I am officially going down to 90% time at work, starting Sept 15. And I am so excited!! It means I will work 2 fewer 8 hr shifts a month (so not a huge change) but I'm told by my coworkers that it makes a big difference.

* The Seafair 5K is less than 2 weeks away. Yikes!

* Which also means that my vacation to England and Ireland is less than 2 weeks away!! I'm excited to see my family and visit some new places. Although it will likely be pretty exhausting!

*I have lost 49.5 lbs thus far. Who knew that 8 ounces could be so incredibly pesky?! Even though I ultimately want to lose about 15 more lbs, I REALLY want to be able to say I've lost over 50 lbs...

* I visited my old house last weekend on a random drive around Seattle. Got a full tour inside and everything. It is certainly different than when we lived there!! It was overall a good experience though... reinforced for me the importance of living in the present and future rather than getting hung up on the past and missing out on the now. :)

* This week I am looking forward to a couple of get-togethers with friends, which should be a lot of fun! Tomorrow with the Ericksons/ Steeles and Friday night movie night at the Lytles!

Um. What else is new? Not much. I apologize for the quick and random format, but maybe that's all you are interested in, anyway! I do have a couple of other subjects for potential blog posts floating around in my brain... like why moving to Seattle was the best thing I ever did, or how I have recently gotten back on a hummus kick, or my musings on the "100 Most Played" songs on my iPod, or why I love warehouse shopping even though I am living by myself (yes, I bought a gigantic watermelon at Costco last week. And a 3 lb jar of minced garlic. I love that store!). But instead, I will end here... for now. :)

Here's a random cell phone pic of the old house:

No comments: