Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back in Seattle

When I look at my blog page, I find it crazy to think that just a few nights ago I was in that pub in Galway writing... especially when I think about how much has happened over the last 2+ weeks!!

This will be quick, as I am extraordinarily exhausted. I'm back in that usual struggle... I'm tired so I want to go to sleep, but at the same time, if I DO go to sleep, then I just have to get up and go to work... so I end up staying up later and then am just more tired. Sigh. It's a vicious circle!

Today was my first day back at work after 15 days off. The break was nice but felt too short! Back to the grindstone, only now with no vacation coming up to look forward to. :( Actually, today was a good day... a nice transition back. We'll see what tomorrow brings, however, as Mondays tend to be crazier than Sundays.

I have the Olympics on in the background. Haven't seriously watched much yet but I'm sure I will this week. Caught some bits today at work when my patients were watching it! The consensus among the nurses was that we all want to be built like the beach volleyball players. :) And that it is completely unnecessary for them to be wearing little bikinis.

On THAT note, I better get to bed. I promise to write more later! And post more pictures from my trip. But for now... goodnight. :)

~Alison

No comments: