Thursday, April 17, 2008

Stream O' Consciousness

Here I go again, having not written anything in over a week!! Excuses? Hm. Let's see. Work is a good one. And then last weekend was so incredibly beautiful I spent my time off outside. And, uh... Stanley Cup playoffs??

OK, so I HAVE been busy. But I have lots to write about!!! I will have to summarize, however, otherwise this post will go on forever. So here's the latest, in no particular order. Actually, in completely random order.

* I bought myself a Bernina sewing machine last weekend! Haven't played with it much yet (see the aforementioned excuses for what's been eating up my time). But I am so excited to try it out!! Spent WAY too much on it, but what else is new. Actually, I got a great deal (it was on sale, and I got a demo model, and it was "tax-free weekend", etc). But still. Lots of $$. Now I will be broke and have to make my own clothes. Good thing I have a sewing machine. Haha.

* Last weekend I went rollerblading for the first time in at least 10 years. Went almost 5 miles on the Burke-Gilman Trail! Seriously, I haven't had that much fun in a while.

* I have officially lost over 40 pounds. I had hit a slow patch there for a while, but I'm hoping to keep it up... still want to lose about 25 more, so there is a ways to go yet. But 40 is a lot, and I'm pretty psyched. I had promised myself that if I got below [insert number here] pounds, I would order myself HD cable... except that I am now 3 pounds from that goal and I can't really afford it at the moment!!! Oops. Might have to set cheaper rewards in the future.

* My dad is coming to visit next week!! He hasn't seen my car or my apartment with all my stuff moved in, or anything. I'm looking forward to the visit! It's only for a few days but should be fun. I'm having an open house on Saturday the 26th for everyone to say hi to him. Which will be cool. Although it will require me to deep-clean my house. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

* Just bought tickets to my first Mariners' game at Safeco in 4 years! Next Friday, when Dad is here. So excited!! We are going to freeze. Nothing like outdoor baseball in Seattle... in April. Can you say parka?

* Switching back to night shift in 2 weeks. Mixed emotions on that. Love the night shift colleagues. But I have really enjoyed being awake during the day and sleeping at night. And the ability to have some sort of social life. Such as it is. Oh well. It's only until the end of June. And I get paid more. Hm. Maybe I will be able to afford that HD cable, after all! :)

* Been reading this really cool book I picked up at the Christian bookstore called "The Politically Incorrect Wife". Yes, I know I am not a wife, but I hope to be one some day, and it is all about women's roles, etc. Applicable to all Christian women, in my opinion. Recently finished an excellent chapter on everyone's favorite subject... submission. Interestingly, also the topic of Mikes' sermon last week. Strange how that works. Although Mike was preaching on 1 Peter and it was more about governmental authority than gender roles. Still interesting stuff.

* Smokey is still adorable. That's not news, but boy has she been cute today! I am so glad I moved her out here with me. :)

* Work has been better the last few shifts, although as I type that I am remembering how stressed I was yesterday. Haha. Selective memory. Precepting the nursing student has been a good experience. I'm learning a lot about how I work as a nurse, which is pretty cool. And she makes me think about stuff, too. Asks lots of good questions. I hope I can precept again sometime! Other than working with her, work has been... well, same old things. It is a job that takes its toll sometimes. Okay, most of the time. But this week I feel like I actually made a difference, so that's at least something.

* I think I am going to make blueberry pancakes for dinner. And maybe some turkey bacon to go along with it. Mmm.

I warned you that this was a random post!! :)

No comments: