Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lessons

Gotta make this a quick post since I have a very long to-do list today!! Dad is coming to visit tonight!! Whoo-hoo!! Smokey and I are super excited. :) And I have 6 whole days off from work!!! Does it get any better than that?! Yes... Thursday is my weigh-in day... and I've lost another 2 pounds! Obviously I am in a really good mood this morning. :)

Yesterday was my last day shift until the end of June. :( I will miss the ability to sleep at night and be awake during the day. I am bracing myself for that lovely reality of not being able to get together with anyone for the next 2 months. Sigh.

I've realized over the last couple of days that I have some things I should really be grateful for, and I often take them for granted. As usual, my patients have taught me some lessons. :) I am so lucky to have family, and further more, a family that loves and cares for me. Beyond that, I have amazing friends who love me, too. Those things alone are something not everyone has. God's blessed me with a lot of wonderful things besides people who care for me, too: a job, a place to live, a car, enough food to eat, clothes to wear, and good health... just to name a few basic things. Sometimes we can get very caught up in the world and all the things we want or think we need, and it's easy to forget how much we already have and take for granted. I think God used some things at work this week to drive the point home for me. It's a good reminder... so I'm sharing it with you. :)

Well, gotta go clean the house and get ready for Dad! Hm. Maybe I better go grocery shopping, too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog and wonderful insight for those interested in nursing. Hang in there and have a great day!