Thursday, August 23, 2007

Alison is no longer homeless!

It's been a busy couple of days since we arrived in Seattle on Sunday night. We spent Monday and Tuesday visiting a whole bunch (~15??) of apartments and arranging appointments to see more. Yesterday we took a bit of a break-- we went to the Experience Music Project/Science Fiction Museum at the Seattle Center (Dad's Father's Day gift from me) and then had lunch at Ivar's on the waterfront (my choice for a birthday lunch). We also visited the spectacular Central Library downtown and stopped by the Pike Place Market to pick up some fresh flowers. Then we headed to a birthday party hosted by friends. It was nice to have a day off from the hectic apartment hunting!

I found out today that I got the apartment I had applied for, and was very excited to sign the lease and officially have a place to live. Tomorrow morning we'll finish a bit more paperwork and pick up the keys, and I can move in! I am pleased with the place-- it is actually a 2-story townhouse, 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, with a large deck and a bit of backyard. It's the Crown Hill neighborhood, so the location's great for any of the jobs I've applied to, and the surrounding area is very nice. It's a huge relief to have that part done!

Now to buy a bed and dining table and a couch and a desk... the list could go on forever!

1 comment:

Tim Meneely said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad - sounds like a terrific place (not that I know neighborhoods, but I'll trust you on that).
So, is that one out of three - you still need a job and a car?